Most people wear glasses or contact lenses to correct their vision. However, the majority of them are unlikely to consider how to care for their glasses.
Why Does Eyewear Need to Be Maintained?
Handle your glasses with ease. They are delicate, yet they are strong and will last if handled properly. Some people avoid cleaning their glasses out of fear of damaging them. While we understand how important it is to maintain your glasses in good condition, it is crucial that you clean them on a regular basis. Clean your spectacles with plain running water or cleaning solutions made exclusively for this purpose.
Normal use may easily cause eyeglass lenses to get dirty. Dirt and oil from your skin can migrate to your glasses, especially in humid or wet conditions. Lens dirt can make it difficult to see and, over time, can lead to increasing vision difficulties such as squinting, eye strain, headaches, and more. Harmful germs from the environment or your hands can potentially develop on your glasses. Not only is this unhygienic, but germs can move from unclean glasses onto your face or into your eyes and cause illness.
Maintaining your eyewear is crucial to keeping your vision clear and your glasses in excellent condition. If you want your glasses or contacts to last as long as possible, there are a few things you should avoid.
- Do not go for a cheap quality pair of eyeglasses: Invest in a good one. This is important because a good quality pair of glasses will last longer and provide better protection for your eyes. Pick a pair made from durable materials and have a good warranty.
- Do not wear glasses that are not fitted properly: It is important to get your glasses fitted properly in order to ensure they are comfortable and will stay in place. A good-fitting pair of glasses will also help to protect your eyes from strain and fatigue.
- Don’t handle them casually: Be careful when handling your glasses so as not to scratch or damage them. Always store them in a case when not in use and avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals to clean them: Harsh chemicals can damage the lens coating on your glasses and shorten their lifespan. Stick to gentle, alcohol-free cleaning solutions and a soft cloth when cleaning your glasses.
- Do not forget to keep them in a case when you’re not wearing them: This will help to protect your glasses from scratches, dirt, and other damage. It is also important to keep your glasses in a case so you can find them easily if you lose them.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: both hot and cold temperatures can damage your glasses. Avoid leaving them in direct sunlight or in a hot car, and don’t put them in the freezer or expose them to other extreme temperatures.
- Don’t wear them on top of your head: This can cause the frames to become bent or misshapen, making them uncomfortable to wear and ruining their appearance.
- Don’t sleep in your eyeglasses: Sleeping in your glasses can put unnecessary strain on the frame and lenses and can cause them to become scratched or damaged.
- Do not repair them yourself: If your glasses become damaged, take them to an optician for repairs rather than trying to fix them yourself. They have the tools and expertise necessary to properly repair your glasses so they last longer.
- Don’t forget to clean your glasses case: Your glasses case can become home to dust, dirt, and bacteria if it is not cleaned regularly. Make sure to keep it dust-free.
An optician is someone who specializes in eye care. Opticians can help you find the right pair of eyeglasses for your lifestyle and needs. They can also fit you for contact lenses if you have trouble seeing well enough with your current prescription. There are many reasons why you should consider getting your prescription checked by an optician. Being trained experts, opticians understand how to correctly fit eyeglasses. Several optical stores provide you with a wide range of eyewear options. Choose the best among them since our eyes are extremely delicate and require special care.
City Optik is a good option among the Optical Retailers in Calicut. If you are seeking prescription glasses, sunglasses, or contact lenses, you may find a wide range of stylish collections at their outlet in Kozhikode. They have Optical Stores in Palakkad, Tirur, Thalassery, and Trivandrum. City Optik provides a large range of high-quality eyeglasses with an emphasis on redefining the optical purchasing experience.